- June 24, 2014
- Posted by: Dr. Elise Cohen Ho
- Category: All Recipes
This recipe serves 2-4 people.
Blooming Rice:2 1/2 c. wild rice (unsoaked)
Sauce:1 T. white truffle oil 2 T. coarsely chopped red bell pepper 1 1/4 t. fine Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt 1 t. fresh thyme 1 T. chopped chives 3/4 c. water 1 3/4 c. cashews (that have been presoaked)
Everything Else:4 c. bloomed rice (from the 2 1/2 c. wild rice follow directions 1, 2 & 3) 1 T. nutritional yeast 1 1/2 t. black pepper 1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes 1/2 t. finely chopped thyme 1/2 t. finely chopped rosemary 1/8 t. fine Sea, Celtic or Himalayan Salt 1 T. white truffle oil 3/4 c. diced Crimini mushrooms (optional)
1. Place rice in the food processor and “score” it by processing for 1 full minute.
2. To get the rice to “blossom,” transfer it to a large bowl and fill with water, until rice is covered by about 2 inches.
3. Allow to soak for several hours (up to 12) or until grains begin to open and soften. Rice will still be somewhat firm and perhaps a bit chewy. Rinse and use immediately or store in the fridge.
4. Prepare the sauce by blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
5. Next, mix the remaining ingredients (a.k.a. “everything else”) in a large bowl.
6. Add the sauce and mix well.
7. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
If you want to learn more about raw foods and better understand serving sizes then visit “Why Raw Food?”
Please let me know what you think of this recipe and what other recipes that you would enjoy. Do you have a great raw food recipe? Please feel free to share that too.